Difco Tryptone Peptone is an animal origin (AO) pancreatic digest of casein. In addition to providing a unique nutritional profile, it has a higher nitrogen content than our other casein products. Tryptone Peptone supports the growth of many different types of bacteria and fungi, including fastidious organisms and in toxin production. Customers have used this supplement in the development of animal health vaccines, such as Clostridial vaccines, and with human health Botox-like products produced from Clostridium botulinum.
• Animal origin, pancreatic digest of casein
• Primary nitrogen source in trypticase soy broth and agar
• Referenced in Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International
• Supports the growth of many different types of bacteria and fungi
Applications of Tryptone Peptone include:
• Recommended for use in media formulations when good growth of fungi and bacteria is required
• Used in the development of animal health vaccines and with human health Botox-like products