The PrepMan® Ultra Sample Preparation Reagent was developed for the rapid preparation of DNA template from Gram-negative food-borne pathogens for use in PCR amplification reactions. These samples often have high lipid content that can inhibit PCR amplification of the template. Using a simple boil and spin protocol, PrepMan®Ultra Reagent efficiently inactivates PCR inhibitors, significantly reducing the need to repeat the template preparation step.
PrepMan® Ultra reagent has been used to prepare PCR-ready template from a wide variety of different sources, including bacteria, yeast, filamentous fungi, both from a plate or from liquid culture, mammalian tissue smears, human cells (buccal swab), and mammalian whole blood. The resulting template has been used amplified in allelic discrimination assays, genetically modified organism (GMO) detection and quantification, food pathogen detection, microbial identification, and bacterial strain typing.
• Simple, rapid protocol reduces time to results.
• Unique formulation inactivates PCR inhibitors, yielding consistent results.
• PCR-ready template can be prepared from a wide range of sample types.
• Affordable method with a low price per preparation.
• Homogeneous solution with minimal sample-handling requirements.
• Microcentrifuge tube-based format means no additional equipment is needed for template preparation.
PrepMan® Ultra reagent is a novel formulation and is a homogeneous solution that does not contain Chelex® or any other type of resin or matrix.
This product is a replacement⁄improvement of PrepMan® Sample Preparation Reagent, and should be recommended to current and potential PrepMan® Reagent users.
3500/3500xL Genetic Analyzer Capillary Array (50 cm), 3130xL/3100 Genetic Analyzer Capillary Array (36 cm), 96-Well Plate Septa, AmpliTaq Gold® PCR Master Mix, BigDye® Terminator v1.1 Cycle Sequencing Kit, POP-6™ Polymer for 3100⁄3100-Avant™ Genetic Analyzers, PrepMan® Ultra Sample Preparation Reagent, TaqMan® GMO Maize 35S Detection Kit, TaqMan® GMO Soy 35S Detection Kit.