The AutoMate Express Forensic DNA Extraction System is an easy to use, robust bench-top instrument that utilizes the PrepFiler Express and PrepFiler Express BTA chemistries packaged in pre-filled, foil sealed cartridges. We have designed the PrepFiler chemistry specifically to improve the quantity and quality of DNA isolated from forensic samples, thereby increasing the potential to obtain maximum information from downstream Short Tandem Repeat (STR) analysis.
Key Product Features:
• The most variable elution volume options on the market, with 7 elution volumes from 20 µL to 250 µL
• Designed to improve the yield and overall purity of DNA isolated from both routine and challenging forensic samples.
• Provides high quality DNA, free of PCR inhibitors and suitable for downstream applications such as quantitative real-time PCR and short tandem repeat (STR) analysis
• Simple and fast separation of substrate from lysate with the unique PrepFiler LySep Column
• Quick and easy run setup with ready-to-use pre-filled cartridges
• Closed system that minimizes the risk of contamination and transposition errors
• Processes 1 to 13 samples in a single run
• Rapid implementation with pre-validated, pre-programmed instrument protocols
• Integrated solution including novel reagents, consumables and automation to provide time saving, cost effective and reliable DNA extraction
• Improves downstream genotyping (STR) success rate and profile quality
PrepFiler Express Kit Format and Components
The Automate Express System utilizes two different configurations of PrepFiler Chemistry. The PrepFiler Express Forensic DNA Extraction Kit is suitable for the majority of standard sample types encountered in forensic laboratories such as bodily fluids on different substrates including FTA paper, cotton swabs, cotton cloth, denim and many others. The PrepFiler Express BTA Forensic DNA Extraction Kit was designed specifically for challenging samples such as bones, teeth and adhesive based samples such as cigarette butts and tape lifts. Both formats come with all the reagents and plastic components including the PrepFiler LySep Columns needed to perform 52 DNA extractions on the AutoMate Express Instrument.
Streamlined Off-Line Lysis
The PrepFiler Express Kits include the innovative PrepFiler LySep Column, which dramatically streamlines the off-line lysis portion of the extraction method. PrepFiler Lysis buffer or PrepFiler BTA Lysis buffer is added directly into the PrepFiler LySep Column along with the sample for incubation. Next, the PrepFiler LySep Column is quickly centrifuged which permits lysate flow through the burstable membrane while the substrate remains behind in the column. The sample tube is then simply ready to be placed on the AutoMate Express instrument. This eliminates the manual lysate and substrate transfer steps, saving time and minimizing cross contamination and sample transposition events.