The MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit purifies total RNA (including miRNA) from Tempus™ Blood RNA Tubes using proven magnetic bead-based technology. A TURBO DNase™ step efficiently eliminates contaminating gDNA ensuring the highest purity RNA possible suitable for real-time RT-PCR and microarray analysis.
• Flexible purification format—use microfuge tubes, manual 96-well plates, or open-format automated 96-well plates from the same kit
• Simple magnetic bead workflow—no spin columns
• Total RNA without RNase activity, contaminating gDNA, or RT-PCR inhibitors
Maximize Total RNA Yields From Blood Samples
The MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit utilizes proven magnetic bead-based technology to purify maximal yields of total RNA from Tempus™ Blood RNA Tubes. The MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit can recover 3-25 µg from a single Tempus™ Blood RNA tube. A TURBO DNase™ step efficiently eliminates contaminating gDNA that can interfere with downstream applications and ensures the highest purity RNA possible.
The MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit can also detect miRNA from Tempus™ Blood RNA tubes as shown by TaqMan® gene expression assays. Users are strongly advised to perform appropriate validation studies against their miRNA targets.
Flexible Purification Formats
The MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit can be processed in low-, medium- or high-throughput formats with superior workflow and handling compared to traditional competitive methods.
• For low-throughput users, the MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit can be used in individual 1.5mL microfuge tubes with the bead?RNA-complex remaining in a single processing tube until the final elution step.
• For medium-to-high–throughput users, the MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit can be done in a 96-well processing plate with either a single or multi-channel pipettor to accelerate the purification process.
• For high-throughput users, the MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit is compatible with manual and automated 96-well processing. Simply process multiple batches of tubes in series or in parallel, through the up-front centrifugation process, to the convenient stopping point, until enough samples can be loaded onto a 96-well processing plate for the RNA purification steps. The RNA purification process can be handled on either open-format liquid handlers, in conjunction with a 96-well magnetic stand on the deck, or magnetic bead movers like the MagMAX™ Express-96 Magnetic Particle Processor (deep well version only).
Rapid Processing Time
Processing times will vary based on format selected, but twelve Tempus™ Blood RNA tubes can be processed manually with the MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit in approximately 2 hours.
An Alternative to Full Purification
For users who perform primarily TaqMan®-based real-time RT-PCR experiments, and do not need to archive RNA⁄cDNA, an alternative to the MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit is the Stabilized Blood-to-CT™ Nucleic Acid Preparation Kit for qPCR. This kit makes it possible to perform expression analysis directly from Tempus™ Blood RNA tubes without conventional RNA purification.
MagMAX™ for Stabilized Blood Tubes RNA Isolation Kit is compatible with our suite of reverse transcription mixes (SuperScript®), PCR master mixes (both TaqMan® and SYBR® based), and other blood workflow products. Simplify the ordering process and reduce freight cost by getting more from one supplier.
• Yield (Range): 3 - 25µg
• Quality (RIN) ): ≥ 7
• Quality (A260⁄280) ): 1.8 – 2.2
• gDNA (w⁄w) ): <1.56%
• Equipment Needed :
*Refrigerated centrifuge (4°C) with swing bucket rotor capable of 5,000 x g with
*50 mL conical tube adapters
*50ml conical tubes
*For tube format users: Tabletop microcentrifuge or picocentrifuge
• Number of Preps: 96 preparations (blood tubes)
NOTE: Blood tubes and magnetic stands are sold separately.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.