The TaqMan® Protein Assays Open Kit contains the TaqMan® Protein Assays Oligo Probe Kit (4448549) and the TaqMan® Protein Assays Buffer Kit (4448571) required for making TaqMan® Protein Assay probes, along with the customer-supplied biotinylated antibodies. You supply the biotinylated antibodies and add them to streptavidin-oligonucleotides (prox-oligos) to make the 2 antibody-oligonucleotide assay probes utilized in binding. The resulting assay probes are utilized to help quantitate protein expression using gold standard TaqMan® 5' nuclease chemistry with a workflow and sample quantity similar to our TaqMan® Gene Expression and MicroRNA Assays. As the protein expression results are obtained on the same analytical platform, these revolutionary assays enable direct correlation of mRNA and⁄or miRNA expression to protein expression.
Key product features:
• Small Sample Size – use up to 500 times less sample input compared to traditional methods
• Sensitive Detection – directly measure in vitro protein-protein interactions with only a few thousand cells
• Revolutionary – directly correlate mRNA and⁄or microRNA to protein
• Simple Workflow – 1-step lysis sample preparation, universal protocol
• Quantitative – protein marker expression fold changes detected
You make TaqMan® Assay probes by using your biotinylated antibodies. Then follow the same workflow used with our pre-designed assays: the sample prep step consists of a gentle, 1-step cell lysis using a buffered non-ionic detergent, with no further sample clean up or purification required. The crude lysate samples can be directly mixed with the paired assay probes from any Protein Assay Kit for the target binding step. The entire experimental process, from sample prep to data output, can be completed in about 5 hours (Figure 1).
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.