The Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ BSA Protein Digest Standard, LC-MS Grade, is a validated protein digest optimized for use as a quality control sample for liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) analysis of proteomic samples.
• Positive control sample—BSA digest optimized and validated as a quality control standard for mass spectrometry applications
• Excellent sequence coverage—greater than 85% sequence coverage
• Validated peptide quality—digestion procedure optimized for minimal missed cleavages and over-alkylation
• Rigorously tested—high-quality, consistent BSA protein digest documented via lot-specific certificates of analysis
• Stable—provided in a stable lyophilized format
The Pierce BSA Protein Digest Standard is produced using high quality bovine serum albumin (BSA) and mass spectrometry-grade trypsin. The BSA is fully reduced, alkylated (iodoacetamide), and desalted (C18) after trypsin digestion to provide a quality LC/MS-grade standard that is free of intact protein. The peptide digest standard provides excellent sequence coverage with minimal over-alkylation and missed cleavages. This digest standard has been robustly tested for peptide quality, digestion efficiency, and lot-to-lot uniformity and is suitable for LC and LC-MS applications.