NGS is more accessible than ever before
Epidemiology has come to the forefront of research with recent outbreaks such as SARS-CoV-2 (coronavirus), ebola, and zika. Epidemiological research is being used to help control the spread and transmission of pathogens, but these novel outbreaks have also highlighted the need for more sophisticated analyses beyond just detection. With advancements in the workflow, next-generation sequencing (NGS) has helped enable a growing number of applications in epidemiology research beyond just detection, such as contact tracking and tracing and population surveillance through wastewater, as well as zoonotic transmission, retrospective studies, and phylogenetic analyses.
In our new eBook “SARS-CoV-2 Epidemiological research and NGS”, you will learn:
- How NGS enables epidemiological applications and complements traditional detection methods
- Things to consider if you are new to NGS
- How NGS and targeted sequencing can help your research
- How your peers are using NGS for SARS-CoV-2 research
Also, you will learn how Ion Torrent NGS systems continue to be innovative with the recent launch of the Genexus Integrated Sequencer. The Genexus system enables a streamlined research workflow for the complete genome sequencing and epidemiological studies of SARS-CoV-2.
Learn how use of our targeted SARS-CoV-2 panel with the Genexus Integrated Sequencer provides:
- Rapid turnaround time—our fastest NGS workflow for infectious disease research for critically time sensitive applications
- Automation—hands-off, setup-and-go workflow enables minimal user touchpoints, lowering user variability and increasing reproducibility of results
- Accuracy of variants—lower substitution errors for SNVs
- Higher success rates—analyze samples directly with low viral loads
- Higher-resolution and longer-read NGS—accurate and rapid viral typing for viral surveillance and epidemiology investigation
Please fill out the form below to download your free eBook and get insight on how NGS can advance your SARS-CoV-2 epidemiological research.
* Required field