The entire line of Applied Biosystems MagMAX sample extraction solutions are built on a foundation of proven performance and innovation for the future. They combine decades of research, investment, and industry expertise— global and local—into a robust, cutting-edge offering from the world leader in serving science.
We have recently added the MagMAX CORE universal sample extraction system. This flexible and modular technology is optimized to purify nucleic acids from the widest range of veterinary sample matrices of any sample extraction kit on the market and is designed to meet all of your current and future diagnostic testing needs.
MagMAX CORE helps to make your lab more efficient by offering greater convenience, consistent performance, and time and cost savings.
Labs shouldn’t have to wait for their sample extraction—it should keep pace with their testing needs. The new MagMAX CORE workflow offers:
- Faster instrument processing times, allowing you to determine diagnostic results more quickly
- Premixed washes that don’t require the addition of alcohols
- Higher-quality nucleic acids, which may lead to less retesting and fewer workflow interruptions
The following graphs highlight the performance of MagMAX CORE compared to two other commercially available nucleic acid extraction kits, in detecting various pathogens from field samples, including oral fluid, whole blood, and in-pouch culture.
Labs want to work smarter, not harder. MagMAX CORE is optimized to help labs work more efficiently, enabling them to save time and money. Potential savings include:
- Reduced plastics use, drastically limiting waste and costs
- Room temperature reagents greatly improve product handling and save on storage space and costs
- Complete workflows that address 14 unique sample types provide you with a universal solution
- A single protocol adapted to multiple Thermo Scientific KingFisher magnetic particle processors unifies all workflows, regardless of throughput
Supported sample types:
- Whole blood
- Oral fluid
- Animal, fecal & environmental swabs
- Tissue / Organs
- Hair follicles
- Ear punches
- Ear notches
- Environmental samples
- Biomed Diagnostics InPouch™ TF (Tritrichomonas foetus) culture
The diagnostic testing environment is constantly evolving. Labs need a sample extraction solution that can grow with them. MagMAX CORE is designed to meet labs’ current and future testing needs. Features include:
- A “CORE” chemical formulation designed to be the last sample extraction solution you may ever need to validate
- Flexible modules that couple easily with the CORE chemistry, allowing the introduction of new applications without requiring new chemistries
- New formulation and workflow that allow for downstream sequencing applications
Our vision is to provide comprehensive solutions to help diagnose farm animal health issues more quickly and accurately than ever before—and thus enhance animal health and productivity. To learn more about our MagMAX CORE universal sample extraction solution, please download our product flyer or contact a product specialist.
Some targets or sample types may require additional components not included in the MagMAX CORE kit. MagMAX CORE offers flexible modules that are used in conjunction with the “CORE” chemistry. This allows you to easily add new applications without needing to introduce new chemistries.
MagMAX CORE Mechanical Lysis Module
The Applied Biosystems MagMAX CORE Mechanical Lysis Module is designed to meet your lab’s Mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis (MAP) and other hard-to-lyse diagnostic testing needs.
- Complete solution using the same MagMAX CORE Nucleic Acid Purification Kit chemistry
- Higher-quality nucleic acids from both small- (.3 g) and large-volume (2–5 g) sample inputs
- Validated on feces, milk, and environmental samples
- Only purchase what you need
MagMAX CORE Mastitis & Panbacteria Module
The Applied Biosystems MagMAX CORE Mastitis & Panbacteria Module is offered in combination with the MagMAX CORE Nucleic Acid Purification Kit to improve the recovery of bacterial targets, especially those that are important in the detection of mastitis in cattle and from challenging matrices like mastitic milk.
To improve the Recovery of Bacterial Targets:
- To be used when targeting a wide range of Bacteria in a single extraction
- To be used when targeting unknown Bacteria
- To be used for gram positive and other difficult Bacteria targets, like those that cause Mastitis
The MagMAX CORE Mastitis & Panbacteria Module includes a specially optimized lysis solution and an alternative script to improve the recovery of nucleic acid from all bacteria, including gram positive bacteria.
- Convenient—a complete solution using the same CORE chemistry
- Easy—no centrifugation and no aspiration steps
- Fast—less than 1 hour for 96 samples
- Flexible—appropriate for fresh, frozen, or preserved milk samples, including samples with high somatic cell count
The MagMAX CORE Kit and the MagMAX CORE Mastitis & Panbacteria Module help make your lab more efficient through greater convenience, consistent performance, and time and cost savings.
MagMAX CORE nucleic acid extraction kit vs. Competitive kit
Additional sample extraction solutions
The legacy of Applied Biosystems MagMAX sample extraction solutions is built on a foundation of proven performance. Our solutions combine decades of research, investment, and industry expertise— global and local—into a robust, cutting-edge offering from the world leader in serving science that you know and trust.
MagMAX Pathogen RNA/DNA Kit—provides high-throughput extraction of pathogen RNA or DNA from 50 μL to 300 μL input.
MagMAX-96 Viral RNA Isolation Kit—offers high-throughput extraction of pathogen RNA or DNA from as little as 50 μL input.
MagMAX-96 AI/ND Viral RNA Isolation Kit—validated extraction of AIV and NDV RNA for NVSL network labs.
MagMAX Total Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit—enables effective extraction of DNA from tough-to-lyse bacteria from feces that require bead beating.
MagMAX Viral RNA Isolation Kit—used in high-volume, low-throughput applications, utilizing 1.5 mL tubes with a magnetic rack.
Automate the processing of virtually any sample from any source
The family of KingFisher magnetic particle processors is ideal for veterinary diagnostic and research labs looking to automate their MagMAX sample extraction system. For decades our proprietary, industry-leading magnetic separation technology has enabled labs to process virtually any sample from any source and is available in various instrument options to fit many budgetary, application and throughput needs.
KingFisher Duo processor—advanced functionality, mid-throughput capacity (up to 24 samples), and large processing volumes (up to 5 mL).*
KingFisher mL processor—provides easy operation of up to 15 samples, including higher processing volumes (50–1,000 μL).*
For Laboratory Use Including Veterinary and Environmental Uses.