Researchers around the world use the contaminant identification technology of Thermo Scientific NanoDrop One/OneC Microvolume UV-Vis Spectrophotometers to pinpoint impurities in their samples.
The Thermo Scientific Acclaro Sample Intelligence Technology software for NanoDrop Spectrophotometers now has even more powerful algorithms built in to find and correct nucleic acid contamination in your samples. You get more reliable downstream assay results and avoid potential rework with this efficient new capability.
How it works
Acclaro software employs chemometric algorithms to process sample spectra and differentiate dsDNA absorbance from RNA absorbance. When the software identifies a contaminant, it notifies users with a yellow triangle next to the sample. Selecting the yellow icon displays the original sample, the contaminant, and the corrected analyte spectra. A table reports the corrected concentration, so you know what contaminant is present and whether to use the sample in downstream experiments. You can proceed with confidence in the rest of your analysis.
Oligo DNA and Oligo RNA applications added to the PC Control software
Thermo Scientific NanoDrop One PC Control software has been updated with Oligo DNA and Oligo RNA capabilities. You can input custom oligo sequences and the software will automatically calculate the factor to apply for nucleic acid quantification. Easily input sequences by cutting and pasting them into the software.
This video walks through a workflow of measuring nucleic acid samples, then identifying and correcting DNA/RNA contamination with NanoDrop One UV-Vis Spectrophotometers.
The trusted NanoDrop One/OneC instrument helps you prevent costly delays with an enhanced understanding of sample quality.
- Quantify and qualify DNA, RNA, and protein samples with only 1-2 µL
- Get full-spectral data in seconds, PLUS Auto-Blank and Auto-Measure modes save time when measuring many samples
- Identify contaminants, obtain corrected concentrations, and enjoy success in your downstream applications
- User-friendly local control with sleek, standalone design – use with a PC or touch screen only
- Acclaro Sample Intelligence Software enhances early identification of contaminants