Perform precious metal testing with certainty
With daily changes in the prices of precious metals, small inaccuracies in testing can significantly impact your bottom line. Gold plating and counterfeit items are just some of the challenges that jewelers, gold traders and pawn shop owners face on a daily basis. Businesses require accurate results to remove variability and subjectivity from determining item value to ensure a profitable transaction.
- Accurately determine the content of gold and all precious metals such as silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium, iridium and ruthenium
- Simultaneously measure all the elements without need to switch calibration based on material you’re analyzing
- Non-destructive precious metal analysis protects precious jewelry, antiques and collectibles
- Alert users on gold plating with patented AuDIT gold-plating detection technology
- Precisely determine the presence and concentration of other trace alloying elements including lead
- Eliminate hazards and inaccuracy associated with acid test methods
- Utilize electronic testing to capture images and focus in on small areas using our integrated camera and small spot feature.
American Jewelry and Loan
Seth Gold of American Jewelry and Loan – 2013 NPA Pawnbroker of the Year and reality television personality – explains why gold testers are a must-have technology for pawnbrokers.
Accurate Purity Analysis Meets Ease of Use
See how easy gold testing can be. One push of a button or a simple trigger pull of our x-ray metal analyzer delivers accurate purity analysis for on-the-spot sorting and valuation of gold and all precious metals.
Niton DXL and Niton XL2 gold testers are equipped with proprietary Thermo Scientific AuDIT gold-plating detection technology. Several independent, complementary methods in the AuDIT (Au/gold Detection & Identification Technology) software work in tandem to alert you to the probability that an item is plated, regardless of the gold concentration of the plated surface layer. AuDIT technology works for vermeil (gold-plated silver), as well as gold-plated copper, steel, tungsten and any other non-gold substrate.
Find the right Niton analyzer for your application!
Unsure which Niton analyzer is right for you? Let us help you determine what’s right for your business. Browse our interactive selection guide to compare instrument specifications, key features and more!
Download the Free XRF eBook!
"XRF Technology for Non-Scientists"
Interested in learning how XRF technology works? Download the eBook to discover the science behind x-ray fluorescence and how it can perform for your business. Developed by our team of experts, you’ll learn the basics, industries that may benefit from handheld XRF and much more!