Fast SYBR™ Green Master Mix delivers a fast and reliable solution for your real-time PCR applications without compromising sensitivity, specificity, dynamic range, or PCR efficiency. It is designed to deliver PCR results on Fast instruments in less than half the time of standard real-time PCR reagents while maintaining the equivalent PCR performance. Overall, Fast SYBR Green Master Mix offers a simple workflow and faster turnaround.
- Fast—real-time PCR results in as fast as 35 minutes
- Sensitive—detect very low copies of target
- Specific—minimize primer-dimer and non-specific amplification
- Reproducible—consistent amplification across a wide dynamic range
Fast SYBR® Green Master Mix contains everything you need, excluding the template and primers, in a convenient 2X mix. It includes the following components in an optimized buffer:
- AmpliTaq® Fast DNA Polymerase, UP, a highly purified DNA polymerase designed to allow instant hot start, minimizing non-specific product formation and enabling reactions to be set up at room temperature
- SYBR® Green I dye enabling detection of double-stranded DNA
- Deoxynucleotides (dNTPs) to help maintain optimal PCR results
- Uracil-DNA Glycosylase (UDG) designed to reduce carryover contamination
- Passive internal reference based on proprietary ROX™ dye to enable increased precision
Fast SYBR® Green Master Mix is designed to deliver PCR results on Fast instruments in less than half the time of standard real-time PCR reagents while maintaining the equivalent PCR performance on Fast PCR. The dynamic range, sensitivity and resulting PCR efficiency of Fast SYBR® Green Master Mix is comparable to Power SYBR® Green PCR Master Mix, while PCR run time is decreased by at least 60%.
The presence of secondary non-specific PCR products and primer-dimers can help reduce amplification efficiency, and ultimately the accuracy of the data. Primer-dimers can also limit the dynamic range of the desired standard curve due to competition for reaction components during amplification. Fast SYBR® Green Master Mix was formulated to minimize primer dimerization and non-specific amplification to optimize the efficiency and accuracy of the reaction without compromising sensitivity.
Fast SYBR® Green Master Mix is designed to provide dependable target quantitation over a wide dynamic range and is not limited only to abundant transcripts such as plasmids.
The high sensitivity provided by Fast SYBR® Green Master Mix facilitates quantifying small differences in target amount between samples. For example, the amplification plot in the figure below shows a clear, statistically significant discrimination down to 1.33 fold differences between samples of RNase P gene with 99.7% confidence.