Access library of webinars, blog articles and resources to learn about the benefits of targeted next-generation sequencing (NGS) in SARS-CoV-2 research for studying epidemiology applications, host response and more. Hear from researchers as they discuss the impact of their work, and how the advances in sequencing technology has accelerated their research during this global crisis to reliably get answers to those who need them now.
Topic: SARS-CoV-2 viral sequencing and emerging applications in epidemiology research
Tracking the global spread and evolution of SARS-CoV-2 is important for epidemiology research, essential to help adapt and establish possible preventative measures and potential treatment options.
In this collection of webinars, researchers demonstrate how NGS can be used to interrogate the SARS-CoV-2 genome across multiple samples simultaneously for contact tracing and to rapidly obtain a global picture for surveillance, as well as other applications such as phylogenetic analysis, viral typing and environmental monitoring.
Topic: Infection severity and risk factors, host genetics and immune response, mechanisms and progression
With response to SARS-CoV-2 infection ranging from asymptomatic to severe inflammation and infection, factors such as host genetics, immune response and associated mechanisms need to be taken into consideration to help inform potential treatment options, including the safety and efficacy of ongoing vaccine development research and clinical research trials.
In this webinar library, researchers discuss how NGS enables scalable, comprehensive sample-to-answer solutions to study the innate and adaptive immunity, gut microbiome and more.
eBook: SARS-CoV-2 Epidemiological research and NGS
In this eBook, you will learn:
- How NGS enables epidemiological applications and complements traditional detection methods
- Things to consider if you are new to NGS How NGS and targeted sequencing can help your research
- How your peers are using NGS for SARS-CoV-2 research
Case study: Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) goes beyond emergency testing with NGS to stay ahead of SARS-CoV-2 to help disrupt the current trajectory
- Emergency testing alone is not enough to manage the ongoing SARS-CoV-2 crisis
- Accessible next-generation sequencing (NGS) can help optimize mitigation policies for both country-level and localized interventions
- Using Ion Torrent™ targeted NGS technology, CHLA analyzed viral isolates in under 48 hours to mitigate potential spread and ensured the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) remained open
Application note: Rapid, automated NGS solution to survey the complete SARS-CoV-2 genome for epidemiological investigation
This application note highlights the workflow and performance of the Ion AmpliSeq™ SARS-CoV-2 Research Panel on the Ion Torrent™ Genexus™ Integrated Sequencer
White paper: SARS-CoV-2 research applications using the Ion GeneStudio S5.
This white paper presents the use of the Ion GeneStudio™ S5 Series System for multiple infectious disease research applications, including
- Complete sequencing of the SARS-CoV-2 genome for emerging epidemiological investigations
- Molecular profiling of the immune repertoire to study immune responses to infection and vaccination
- Analysis of additional factors that may influence host responses to infection, such as the human microbiota, the transcriptome and gene expression
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.